[Sca-cooks] Tableware

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 17:14:36 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/25/2002 6:46:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

> Does anyone have recommendations on sources for period (or
> period-appearing) tableware? I've been relying on Chris for feast gear,
> but I think I should be thinking about getting my own, and don't want to
> break the bank doing it.

Do you have a bread maker or make bread?  Then make trenchers for plates -
cheap and no clean-up!
Then again, you are a doctor - do you have time to make bread????
Were I just starting out, I think I'd go for a square wooden plate as flat as
I could find, a round wooden bowl, a soup spoon or other very rounded shallow
spoon with as narrow a handle as you can find, and a wooden handled paring or
steak knife, non-serrated.

Brangwayna