Weekend (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Sausages)

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Mon Mar 25 18:02:21 PST 2002

> >My sweetie was there, and reports that, sadly, the feast was, to use
his
> >word, "awful". (Apologies if any of the cooks are on this list.) It
was
> >2 hours late, everything was cold, and many things tasted bad, or
didn't
> >taste at all. Platters of stuff went back to the kitchen uneaten.
> I understand that the head cook is a chef and culinary instructor at
> one of the New York schools, very talented if somewhat inexperienced
> at doing the historical cooking thing, but also getting better at
> that.
> I mention this only as a possibility. I'd be surprised if there
> weren't some logical explanation, as the gentleman has a very good
> local reputation.

To be fair, I understand that the lists ran WAY overlong, which led to
court beginning two hours late, then COURT ran overlong... clearly it
was beyond the kitchens control to serve on time. (Let me add that I was
NOT there; Chris went with other friends and without me, because I was
on call this weekend and couldn't be more than 20 miles or so from the
hospital, in case of admissions coming through.)

Avraham