[Sca-cooks] marzipan

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Mar 25 21:35:27 PST 2002

jemoore at firstam.com asked
> What is a good period marzipan recipe?

Argh! Run away. Run away. Sorry, you must be new to this list. :-)

We've had quite a number of discussions about period marzipan,
including recipes and wierd er, wonderful things to do with it.

If our Marzipan Queen has recovered from her recent overdose, perhaps
she can regale you. eh, Olwen?

You might also want to take a look at this file in the FOOD-SWEETS
section of the Florilegium:
marzipan-msg      (73K) 10/30/01    Use of marzipan (almond paste) in sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marzipan-msg.html

I've also got about 20-30K of new stuff to add to this file, but it
may be awhile before I can add it. However, if there is an interest
in my doing so, I will.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net