[Sca-cooks] cod liver oil & V-8 (was: SPICY STORIES)

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Tue Mar 26 09:31:48 PST 2002

> > My first husband snuck 6oz in my V-8 and
> >covered the top with black pepper to disguise
> > it. He thought he was doing a Good Thing. I'm
> > sure you understand why he's an "ex".)

> Om'gawd! what an idiot!  I hope you and the baby
> suffered no lasting ill effects.
> Phillipa

   Outside of 49 hours of labor, no. I was too shy about things to tell the
staff what had happened, so when I did finally go into labor four days later
(three in the bathroom, one day of rest - all sleep, no drink), they didn't
learn what had caused the problem until he bragged about "his cure for
pregnancy" afterwards. This was back in the days when you weren't allowed
any form of liquid once contractions set in, so I went two days with no
fluids. The baby, thank goodness, was fine.
   I don't however, generally share pregnancy stories like so many of us are
wont to do to an expectant mother. 12 pregnancies;  9 miscarriages, one
labor of 49 hours, one ten-month pregnancy capped by rejection syndrome and
an emergency c-section...NOT something you share as a "this is what you can
experience" story. And oversharing for this list. I'm not including a
obligatory food comment because hopefully, only a few curious females read
this message and there will be no reason for them to respond!

Rosine