Conveyor Belt Sushi was Re: [Sca-cooks] KFC

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 27 08:45:12 PST 2002

> >   Of course,
> >while I'm on Japanese food, there was that place across from Altman's
> >that served sushi on a conveyor belt...
>
> Eau, myGod! Yep, I remember them. Very, very cool. I don't recall
> them as being of impeccable quality or anything, but the concept was
> cool, in the same way that dim sum on carts is cool, but more so
> because of the conveyer belt.

They have shown up in Los Angeles as well, of course, but the Health Dept.
made them stop.  Apparently, leaving made-up sushi to travel around on a
conveyor belt for an indefinite period is Bad.  Leaving made-up sushi to sit
still at a buffet while the people travel around is still Good though.  Go
figure.

Selene, Caid