[Sca-cooks] Recipes with roses?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Mar 28 06:57:12 PST 2002

Hi, Stefan.
Mine does <g>...although, unfortunately, the book in which it's
reprinted doesn't tell us *where* in Platina it's found, here's the
translation:

Cherry Tart

Grind sour cherries an a mortar after they have been stoned.  When these
are ground, add red roses, finely chopped, a little fresh cheese and a
little old cheese, ground, a little pepper, a little sugar, mix in four
broken eggs.
After the mixture has been lined with a crust, cook it in a well-greased
pan over a slow fire.
When it has been removed from the fire, pour over it sugar and
rosewater.

--Maire (it just occured to me as I type this that it'd be interesting
to try at a camping event, provided you had the right type of
fire....hmmm....)