[Sca-cooks] Spirit of the Society

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 28 10:27:47 PST 2002

At 10:55 AM 3/28/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>Misha
>>Reincarnated spirit of a hippe :-D
>
>Certainly not an uncommon attitude among those in the SCA.
>I think much of the "spirit" or "essence" of the Society
>owes more to some of the ideals common in 1968 around
>Berkeley, California and the Victorian medievalists than it
>does to the real European Middle Ages.
>
>Stefan li Rous

1965, Stefan. :-D

But yes, to a large extent the SCA has more to do with Berkeley and Walter
Scott than the real MA. But there are a few of us trying to change that.
:-D (I personally would love to whack the good Sir for what he did to
people's perceptions of marriage law, but that is another matter.)

'Lainie
-a 1964 model myself, and what a good year that was!