[SCA-cooks] I quit

Brandy Collins brandy.collins at probes.com
Thu Mar 28 10:28:07 PST 2002

Right, that's why I asked.  I was wondering why he was telling the cook's list
what happened.  A simple answer, he's on the list and a very important member of
it. Thanks! I've gotten so many rude replies and flames to a simple, if
misworded, query.  It's awful more attention has been paid to my simple faux pas
than to the heart of what I was actually trying to say.  I think I was nice
enough about asking why he told this list, I think I made the point clear that I
was enjoying the discussion, but wondered whom we could bring it up to besides.

I can understand fiercely defending a member of your group, and this is your
group the clique is fairly tightly knit and any slight thereof, real or
imagined, is being met with LAPD force.

I apologize for coming across 'wrong'.  People who know me or would have
bothered to ask what I meant would know I meant no offense to anyone.  (I even
managed to extremely offend the Jewish population for failing to check my
spelling on the original email !!)  While griping and coming up in arms about a
very real problem and peoples' lack of understanding and accomodations, it seems
somewhat ironic that you are doing the same thing.

Because I have thus offended and am absolutely tired of being flamed and bitched
at, I am removing myself from the list.  Thank you for the good ideas I did
manage to read through.  Thank you for the history lessons, the great links to
more information.  Congratulations to the ladies' who have recently announced
babies, and the proud new grandparents.  I deleted your messages without
replying as it would have been just one more email, but I did in my heart give
to you my thanks and congratulations.  Please accept them now in writing.

Again my apologies, I withdraw.
Brea