[Sca-cooks] KFC:::was::::Re: bread bowls

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Thu Mar 28 10:55:47 PST 2002

> Yes, I agree. We have a Golden Chicken here. They cut the pieces
> different, as does Churches, so the pieces are bigger.
>
> I do like the spicing on the original KFC, though.

I bought a book, years ago, called "Big Secrets". I recall one of the
chapters, where the author got his hands on a sample of the breading
mixture that KFC sells its franchisees, and had it tested in a lab. It
was basically flour, salt, and a minimal amount of black pepper. No
other herbs, spices or even volatile oils or flavor compounds were
present in any detectable amounts.

Kinda bursts the bubble, don't it?

Avraham