[Sca-cooks] Re: I quit

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 08:32:38 PST 2002

Would it help if Accessibility Porters were made a required Kindgom Office?  Similarly, we could have an SCA Great Officer to whom such people reported, as seneschals do.  In the past, we have added Equestrian, Fence, and Children's officers as the need for them was recognized. Such people could then be consultants on the aaccessibilty features helpful in various sites...

This might help ensure more attention to accessibility needs, without the harsher demand that every site be completely accessible.  Perhaps an Official Desire that people make a Serious Effort to ensure accessibilty at events would help.  [As the king and queen have Whims, so the BoD could have a Desire...]

There used to be a service group called Electric Eggs who worked with SF cons to help on accessibility issues. I wonder if they're still around...

Devra the Baker