[Sca-cooks] Peers, Pressuring the BoD

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 10:35:47 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/29/2002 7:25:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

> However, I do believe that a strong statement from the "top of the heap"
> needs to be made to a)discourage this kind of behavior and b)let the folks
> in the SCA who are handicapped know that their participation is welcomed and
> that we will try to make every accommodation possible.
>
> Kiri

One possible problem to consider here is that if the BOD makes such a
statement they might open the SCA to just such lawsuits which we are
protected from now.  If the authority body of the SCA were to require that
all events make a "reasonable attempt" to have accessible sites, who defines
what a "reasonable attempt" is and could that land the SCA or even local
groups in the middle of a lawsuit?   That is why the BOD has to be very
careful in any rulings they make.

Constance