[Sca-cooks] re: trenchers

Fri Mar 29 12:41:40 PST 2002

Sorry about that.  I accidentally hit the SEND button while editing the
digest text.

The quote from "Arte Cisoria" is quite interesting.  It's not a trencher.
It's not meant to be a trencher.  But it is a practical use of bread as an
insulator in a metal platter and providing a neater presentation than the
meat slopping around in it's juices.  I may have to use this at a feast.

BTW, Vincente, do you know if the "Arte Cisoria" is webbed?  I'd like to
look at the original text.  I don't know if it will fit in my next iteration
of the trencher paper, but I'm certainly going to hang onto it for some of
the other work on breads I'm planning.

Thanks

Bear

> Just to fill out your trencher info a little, here's a quick and dirty
> translation from Enrique de Villena's "Arte Cisoria" (1453):

<clipped>