Bread trenchers was [Sca-cooks] Tableware

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Mar 30 08:27:44 PST 2002

Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:

>Somewhere I have a reference, or, rather, my British correspondent has the
>reference, about certain elevations in Britain being under cultivation in
>the 12th century that were too cold, several hundred years later, to grow
>anything, let alone wheat.

It's also fairly well documented that the Romans grew grapes and made
wine in Britain before 410 C.E. The book I recently read about the
trend of mini-ice-ages suggests that we are, only now, back to the
point where that may be possible again, and that some of the global
changes we are attributing to global warming (a genuine phenomenon)
are in fact simply a return to an earlier planetary climate. In
addition, I mean, to the ravages of global warming.

But then we all know it's all that bovine methane and tree-created
CO2 that's causing it... ;-)

Adamantius