[Sca-cooks] Herbal Question Part II

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 08:52:57 PST 2002

>I forgot to mention that I put my rosemary plant outdoors a few weeks >ago.
>The only thing I can clip is the top, as everything else is >gone.

>Giovanna [Maimer of plant]

Just clip a BIT from the top...like barely anything.  Cutting promotes
growing of plants.  It does sound like it is gone though, but I would try
one more attempt...I mean, why not?  What have you got to lose?

I've brought back twigs before, but I think its all a matter of always
watering it, putting it in sun and not fussing over it.  My rosemary plant
is about five years old (at least) and I've had to do some major cutting
back because it takes over the joint. It now shared a large pot with some
sage that is growing nicely.

Our Baron has a HUGE rosemary bush, which I think is about 6 feet wide and 4
or so feet tall...its the bush that ate Slymar! (Someone suggested I make
rosemary wine from it off one of the other lists...I need to check that out
one of these days.) They use rosemary up in the valencia area (where my new
job is) as highway covering. Pretty little flowers on it when it blooms. :)

--Arte