[Sca-cooks] RE: Intro and Question

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 03:43:42 PST 2002

Also sprach Aelfhelm se reade:
>Wow.
>
>Leofwynn said ya'll are all VERY helpful, and VERY quick... but I
>didn't expect such a fast, thorough response.

Speaking as someone who was not involved in this particular
discussion at all, understanding this phenomenon is helped by the
knowledge that there are about 250 subscribers to this list at the
moment, and another 250 subscribers to the digest (although some
overlap, subscribed to both forms for archive purposes or other
reasons).

Because of this, there tends to be a sort of "officer on duty"
effect. Just about any culinary topic you can think of will find
someone interested in following up on it, more or less 24 hours a
day, 365 days a year. Sometimes people post questions about dishes
they are in the process of cooking, and get a response before the
vegetables are done. Things slow down during the Pennsic War in
August. That's when we discuss important things like Twinkies.

Adamantius