[Sca-cooks] quail sources

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 06:06:57 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/30/2002 9:33:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> Well, the following message is from the food-sources-msg file in the
> Florilegium.

Thanks, Stefan, but that wasn't exactly what I meant.  I know people do it
all the time, but I'm nervous about getting frozen meat through the mail.
The other thing is, why paying shipping charges and order processing charges
if there is a local place I can walk into and pick them up?  I did locate,
yesterday, a place relatively nearby that sells frozen quail by the case.  25
birds/case, at a cost of $2.62 apiece, total $66.25 for the case.  I know
where I'm getting the birds for the feast.  They don't sell in any less than
cases, however, so unless I find another place I'll have to do the $4/bird
for the initial test cook for me and my hubby.

Brangwayna