[Sca-cooks] SPIROL CUT HAM

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 08:11:32 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>I live 1 3/4 hrs from the Empire kosher factory.. and I never saw "cut from
>the bone and reassembled" birds....
>Hummmm... must investigate this!
>Phillipa
>
>  > Empire Kosher, baby, Empire Kosher! The hard stuff!

I think it's more of a deli thing than a factory/plant thing. They
roast the turkey, carve it (presumably quite carefully), and put it
all back on the bone somehow, like a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe they leave
it partially uncut, like a spiral cut ham. If I were doing this, I'd
let it get cold after cooking, carve it, and then serve it cold. I'm
not sure if that's what they do.

Adamantius