[Sca-cooks] Hungarian Torta

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 19:38:35 PST 2002

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:

> >Well, okay... but how do I convert one pound of
> lard into an equivalent
> >volume of oil? <grin> I really need to get a good
> kitchen scale...
>
> I suspect 16 fluid ounces in a measuring cup would
> be pretty close.
> Not identical, but close.

Well, figuring "A pint's a pound the world around"
(not absolutely accurate, but close enough as water
goes) 16 fl. oz, or two cups woukd be, as A says,
pretty close. Figuring that oils are lighter than
water, maybe 2 cups and a bit of slop would be right
on...

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,