[Sca-cooks] Lamb recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 31 23:05:15 PST 2002

 Maeve said:
> --Maire asks .what's everyone's favorite lamb recipes?
>
> Well I like the twice cooked lamb in ale and mustard, I forget where it's
> from (not around the cookbooks right now)  It will be popular with even
> those who don't like lamb.  You put mustard on bread slices at the end of
> cooking and allow the bread to thicken the sauce.

Sounds interesting, although I doubt I can get my wife to try it. Maybe I
should just cook it, not say what it is and see if she will eat it. Hey, it
worked with Calamari. I jokingly suggested we should get some at a resturant
and she took me up on it. She didn't ask me what it was, so I didn't tell
her. She likes it. If she knew it was seafood, she wouldn't have tried it.

When you find your cookbooks could you please post it sometime?

> My current new favorite is one that I just got at a cooking class with Joyce
> Goldstein (She wrote Sephardic Flavors - Jewish Cooking of the
> Mediterranean).  It uses lamb shoulder, cubed and cooked slowly with onions
> and wine, and the liquid is thickened with egg yolks,  it was yummy and I
> think we may have that for dinner tonight....

This recipe would be nice also.

Of course I have to be able to find lamb. Hopefully at a reasonable price.

> Other news, we just got a chicken tractor full of Silver Dorkings (very old
> breed) for the front yard.  Anyone else on the list keep chickens?

Uh, what's a "chicken tractor"?

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net