[Sca-cooks] gyros

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed May 1 22:59:41 PDT 2002

Evil 'Lainie replied to Adamantius with:
> >BTW, did I mention I was able to set up the grill tonight here in my
> >urban brick and concrete hell, and all I had available was skirt
> >steak for Romanian Steak and some nice fresh veal and lamb cervelato
> >sausages with garlic and parsley, which could be grilled medium rare
> >(over charcoal with a few wine-soaked rosemary sprigs) because they
> >contained no pork? The suffering... .
>
> I made Cormarye tonight and it turned out rather well, IMHO. Good thing,
> too, because I really haven't felt like eating today.

So, what is this "cormarye"?

And, Adamantius, does soaking the rosemary sprigs in wine make
much of a differance? I wouldn't think they would soak up much
wine.

I did try something similar this last weekend. I had some New York
Strip steak to cook before it went bad. I coated it in a sprinkling
of mixed coarse ground peppers and then topped it with some dried
mushrooms (not the regular ones, some wild or Japanese type) that I
rehydrated in Sherry. Probably been done many times before, but I
thought I'd see how it worked out. It came out pretty good, although
I might reduce the amount of pepper next time.

Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net