[Sca-cooks] Cooking over charcoal

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Mon May 6 19:56:20 PDT 2002

> TWO: Because of sensible West Kingdom Fire
> Regulations, i have to get the fire bowl at least 18
> inches off the ground. Since it's about 2 feet tall, it's
> too high to use on the camping table i normally use
> for my Coleman stove. Any suggestions for getting it
> off the ground that are convenient to carry? Because
> of back problems, cinder blocks are too heavy for me.

Bricks. You can stack them in a multitude of configurations to conform to
the ground beneath, and because they're not very big, the weight shouldn't
be too bad. They'd be a bit of a pain, but maybe you could bribe someone to
unload/reload them for you in exchange for a taste of your cooking (or the
use of your heat to make a cuppa in the morning). The good part is that they
will diffuse heat before it reaches the ground, yet in colder weather, the
warm bricks will be nice to gather around.

Rosine
(it's all I could think of.)