[Sca-cooks] Seeking Metal Eating Utensil Maker

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 18:08:57 PDT 2002

I have a picture of an interesting "SCA-period" eating device that
was found in the Levant and apparently made during the Islamic
period. I suspect it is Byzantine not Muslim in origin, but anyway...

It is a long narrow rod with a simple hinge at each end. Hinged at
one end is a spoon bowl, hinged at the other end is a three-tine fork.

I'd like to purchase one or have one made, but a request on my own
Kingdom's e-list for local metalworkers resulted in no answers.

Anyone know of someone who does this sort of thing? Obviously, i'm
willing to provide the picture and pay for it (and i suspect other
folks might be interested in it, too). I'd prefer someone in Caid,
the West, or An Tir, but anyone reputable will do... (yeah, yeah, i
should contact Bill Dawson and/or Gaukler)

Anahita