[Sca-cooks] w-10 harbingers bash - 4th annual

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed May 15 06:11:05 PDT 2002

With the exception of one year when we had logistic troubles...it is
typically:

Antipasti-equivalent: 	broccoli and cauliflower florettes
				thin sliced onion
				italian green beans
				ceci beans
				kidney beans
				chopped fresh tomato
				pickled artichoke hearts
				black olives
				an olive oil and balsamic vinagrette
dressing [the stuff the chicken ended up fried in]

				sliced peppers on the side

Pasta and sauces - typically rotini, with a pound of non wheat based celiac
friendly pasta for Aine
				vegan red sauce:	tomatos
							tomato paste
							garlic
							onion
							italian herbs
[oregano, parsley, basil, whatever is in McCormick"s little jar ;-)]
							olive oil
							red wine
							freshly ground black
pepper
							pinch of sugar if it
is a really acid batch of tomatos
				shrimp 'alfredo' sauce:	shrimp [duh!]
							heavy cream
							fumet
							garlic
							romano and parmesan
cheeses
							nutmeg
							freshly cracked
black or white pepper
				sides: meatballs:	ground beef & ground
pork [about 1 lb beef to 1/4 lb pork]
							egg
							McCormick's Italian
Seasoning
					 Grilled marinated chicken pieces:
chicken breast and thigh, boneless and skinless
							Robs balsamic and
oliveoil vinagrette
					 Pepperoni chinks
					 TVP chunks can be available on
request, cooked in vegan bouillion, although I have been thinking of subbing
grilled veggieburger chunks...
Breads and spreads: 	commercial italian loaves
				plain butter
				honey butter: honey, butter
				last year I made rose butter - heavy cream,
rosewater, sugar subbed with splenda liquid. I wanted to be able to eat
it.
				garlic-herb cheese: cream cheese, although I
will make it from milk and rennet and steep the herbs and garlic in the
milk for a while.
							  garlic
							  McCormicks Italian
Herbs
Dessert:			Varies, last year a blackberry muffin-cake
was very well recieved, so I might make it again this year.

Beverages - Coffee, tea, cocoa, wine, mead, beer - whatever we have on hand
and people bring wih them.

margali
did I mention we are a cooking camp?