[Sca-cooks] Tapioca

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu May 16 09:52:49 PDT 2002

> >>  Is it possible
> >>  there's anything on the planet worse than tapioca?
> >>  Especially the
> >>  frog-egg kind?
> >>
> >>  Adamantius
> >
> >What???!!!???
> >
> >Tapioca is wonderful!!!  I love tapioca!!!  Especially
> >the frog-egg kind !!!  It is one of my comfort foods.
> >
> >Huette
>
> Shhhhh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll 'ave your Spam. I love it!
>
> I'm 'avin Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam, Baked Beans, Spam Spam Spam and Spam!
>
> Spamantius
>
> P.S. But this does sort of demonstrate my theory. Even though I've
> never, until now, heard anyone in my life willing to speak word one
> in favor of tapioca (except on one occasion when some friends used it
> to thicken a dessert for Passover), obviously there are perv-- people
> who like it. I've also never heard much in favor of sago, but there
> are presumably people who like it. I've never tried it.  Where does
> the bad rep, if any, come from? (I can tell you this for tapioca...)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Squid-eye pudding, my favoritest kind in the whole world! [That would be
the small pearl tapioca, for you anti-tapioca her^H^H^H types.]

Tapioca is a wonderful thing. I have a warm fuzzy memory of Mom and I
deciding to make tapioca cream (from the recipe on the Minute tapioca
box) and then deciding that it looked just like dinner, so we ate it still
warm and straight from the mixing bowl. Mmmmmm. I think a Magnum,
P.I. re-run may have figured into it as well, but it could very well have
been Columbo.

My whole family adores tapioca. Portions are very carefully divided up
absolutely evenly, and retribution is swift and uncompromising for anyone
who dares eat more than their allotted share.

Margaret, who will forgive Adamantius his heretical beliefs as he has
undoubtably been led astray, and besides, there's that much more for the
rest of us