[Sca-cooks] Phlip and Margali's menagerie

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon May 20 06:18:53 PDT 2002

Well, the Pekin duck is huge, but the Khaki-Campbells are smaller. They are
something like 6-8 weeks old or thereabouts. I would consider capping Donald
in another 2-4 weeks, but Huey, Dewey and Louie will probably always be a
bit on the small side, as they are egg-laying ducs rather than meat ducks.
The chickens are all about the size of corning game hens, wat too small.
Neither is a meat breed - we went for egg layers.
margali

the quote starts here:
> "Oh, joy. More geese." My second thought was "Hey, I wonder how big they
> need to be before they're usefully edible?"

Been wondering that about Phlip and Margali menagerie also.