[Sca-cooks] This weekend

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 08:49:20 PDT 2002

Hello everyone.

I know I don't post very often but I hope to start again
now that I actually have a job and spend all the time
in front of a computer. I think I prefer being a house-husband.
I need a Trust Fund....

Anyway, I had an interesting weekend. Our barony had it's annual
A&S competition and Selene entered a bunch of her work. I must
say it was impressive. Two Elizabethan dresses (including all the
under-stuff), a large collection of late-period hats, earrings,
needlework and her musical group performed several instrumental
pieces (she's the cello and viol de gamba player). But the nice
thing was that she wanted a cooking entry. Now, this woman has
burned water so it was a challenge. I finally decided to show
her a recipe for daryoles with strawberries. I figured whizzing
the ingredients in a blender and pouring them in a pie shell
isn't too challenging. Well, she did a great job on it and won
the cooking portion as well as overall grand champion. Woot!
She was also elevated to the highest baronial A&S level. I was
called up in court and given the second level A&S award. This was
a bit confusing to me because I haven't done a bloody thing A&S
wise since I've moved here. I guess I'd better start cooking now.

Tonight we are having a little dinner party with some friends then
taking the group out to see the digital Star Wars movie. Sounds
like fun. The dinner is pretty simple just a couple of pasta sauces
with various adding dishes (grilled portabella, broiled shrimp,
roast chicken, and sweet italian sausage) to add to a simple
alfredo and/or red sauce. There will be salad and italian bread
with olive oil dipping sauce. Simple stuff. But I also got in a
mood (especially since I got a groovy kitchen torch from Williams
Sonoma) and made creme brulee. Well, chocolate espresso creme brulee
with fresh raspberries. :-)

You know, I think I'm finally starting to get the cooking bug again...

Yers,

Gunthar