[Sca-cooks] Camp chores was Lackeys and...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 21 19:51:21 PDT 2002

> > We do a similar kind of thing in that we have a little white board with
>an
> > attached marker that is posted above/near the coolers.
>
>I like the bulletin board idea.  It might also make it easier to
>have parity on who gets to cook meals.
>
> > Kiri
> > PS:  When we had a food plan, those who did not cook (didn't want
> > to/couldn't boil water) were responsible for doing the dishes...and
>their
> > financial contribution was to purchase ice for the coolers.
>
>We're usually grumbling over who gets to be sous chef and who
>gets to make the side dishes.  Everyone wants to cook.  The nice
>thing about being friends is that you can hide the cookbook and
>refuse to produce it until you are allowed to make the main dish
>without anyone having hurt feelings.
>
>Since everyone hates doing dishes, we compromised last year by
>all of us doing dishes together.

At House Blackstar we have a sign up sheet.  If you camp there you are to
put in two shifts minimum for war week, either cooking or cleaning.  The
list is first come, fisrt signed.  A few folks only want to clean, others
only like to cook, mostly it's a one of each.  The camp fees for the meal
plan can't be beat and the menu is supurb.  Breakfast and dinner.  The cost
of camp kitchen ice comes from the camping fee which also covers the cost of
the rental pavillion hospitality tent, the tables and chairs.  Each person
is reponsible for their personal coolers and beverages, etc and washing
their own feastgear.  Pretty much, instead of having a fire pit, we have a
kitchen.  Works out really well for a household of mostly cooks.
Olwen, happy as a clam