[Sca-cooks] Meeting cookslist folks at All's Faire

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 20:56:06 PDT 2002

Greetings all.  I just wanted to say I had a ball meeting folks from this
list at the All's Faire event in PA last Saturday.  Yes, I got pictures and
will post in a day or two.

It took the troll a few minutes to tell me that 'no, Jadwiga wasn't there
yet, hum, no..haven't' yet seen Kael, and John who?  Oh!  My husband!'  He
was out shopping so I joined my friends out shopping and at one point turned
around and there was John and after the hug we shopped together.  We then
returned to the hall for lunch and I dragged out my marzipan and John and I
sat and were soon joined by children and others who had a very nice time
playing with marzipan.  John made some very lovely flowers and a vase that
he was going to enter into the A&S competition (how did you do?).  After a
bit Kael came and we enjoyed his company.  Eventually Jadwiga came in and
looked at the table of marzipan and folks playing, looked at me and said
"oh!  You're Olwen!"  and we got a good round of hugs.  We all took
Jadwiga's class in mustard making which was very nice and lots of fun and
Brangwana arrived at the table.  Once again, shamefaced, I must admit that I
did not remember her face and I humbly apologize.  Nonetheless, it was good
to see her but she seemed to have gone off before we got to the stopping
point to go out and have a group picture taken of us.

The autocrat managed to move children's seating around for feast to
accommodate fitting in many of the folks on the waiting list, so me and my
two friends got to stay for a wonderful feast.  John made the sauce for the
beef and it was superb. I know he told me the recipe, but I am sure he will
send me a written version.  Also John, please send me privately a copy of
the soup at lunch.  I am going to use it at Trial by Fire and don't want my
Master to get the recipe yet.

Oh I had a fine time and cannot wait to see my new friends again!  Thank you
all for being so sweet and kind to me.  It was a joyous day.  Oh, and Kael,
I *do* think you should start coming down this way to play.  Both my friends
were _very_ interested in you and both were _very_ pleased to hear you were
well educated, one being a PhD and the other just recieved her Master's...
Olwen