[Sca-cooks] two-year-olds vs ferrets

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 06:48:46 PDT 2002

Greetings, crew,

Yes, I am still a little bit behind reading my digests (only 20
to go today) but I have enjoyed this discussion, remembering the
far-away days when I was stepping on a 2-year old.  My son is
turning 13 in June, and my daughter is 11 going to 17 (sigh!!!)

But cherish all the time and aggrevation you have with your
2-year old.  (the threes are almost as fun!)  When my daughter
was 2 was when she was diagnosed with JRA.  Yes, she had
arthritis in a form that was attacking her muscle tissue.  Thank
heavens for modern steroids and pain medication, and dedicated
health professionals that helped her through it.  She went into
remission before her 5th birthday, and it has never returned.
The theory is that Growth overtakes the destructive bent of the
immune system, and the attack peters out.

Anyway, I don't have colorful stories of my daughter as a 2 year
old, but I am so blessed I still have a daughter!  Pick up that
dirty, naughty grubby child frequently and hug him.  You won't
always have the chance!

wistfully,

Tyrca

=====
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of al-Baran (Albuquerque, NM)
Kingdom of Outlands (New Mexico, Colorado, and parts of
                     Wyoming and Nebraska)