[Sca-cooks] Lug Chup, Asian sub for Marzipan

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 11:49:29 PDT 2002

Hi all.  I got a new used book.  It's Charmaine Solomon's Thai Cookbook.
Toward the back of the book is a recipe for Lug Chup, made with split mung
beans, sugar, coconut milk, jamine essence and food colouring.  There is
also a glazing reicpe made with agar-agar powder, water and calyxes(?) and
stems from chillies and strawberries.  It seems to give that shiny glow of
realizm to the tiny fruits and veggies in the picture.  I am going to give
this a try with marzipan and see what happens.  I'll let you guys know what
happens.  Now I just have to find the agar-agar powder.  Gee.  Shopping.
Poor me.
Olwen