[Sca-cooks] Food Songs: The FIlk

ariann ariann at nmia.com
Fri May 3 21:49:52 PDT 2002

Greetings

There are many SCA and SF & F food songs, such as "Beware the Sentient
 Chili", "Cthulu Loves the Little Children",  "The Dead Bunny Song", "Dorm
Food", A Dragon's Retort", "Fill Up the Cup",  "Fish Heads", "Green Jello",
"I came upon a roadkill deer", "Lord of the Spam", "Mead", "An Old Cliché
Revisited", " Recipe", "What's Amore?", and others I don't remember at the
moment.

I have pasted three atrocities below to keep you humming in the kitchen.

Enjoy,

Ariann
_______________________________

THE DEAD BUNNY SONG
Lyrics: Wurm Wald Post-Revel Songbook and Westerfilk Collection
Music: "Sweet Betsy from Pike". This was written after an SCA feast, circa
1983.

I sing of dead bunnies and burnt baby chicks,
Barbequed squirrels and hamsters on sticks,
Ducklings in blenders, flat frogs on the road,
'Possums on fenders and deep French-fried toad.

Sliced and diced sparrows, dead dogs on the lawn,
cats riddled with arrows and disemboweled fawns,
Pickled canaries and clubbed baby seals,
Mice served with berries and turtles 'neath wheels.

Minced baby penguins, koala fillet,
Fried angelfish fin and some aardvark puree,
Fred's little brother and mystery beast:
These are the things that they served at the feast.

_______________________
MEAD
Lyrics: Anonymous
Music: "Goober Peas"

What's the Gods' own tipple?
On what do heroes feed?
What do we all call for?
Lovely home-brewed mead!

Chorus:
Mead, mead, mead, mead
Drinking home-brewed mead.
Goodness how delicious
Drinking home-brewed mead.

After a battle
There's two things that I need.
A good lass [lad] to love me
And lots of home-brewed mead

Chorus:

Meet my comrades
Sittin' 'neath this tree.
Wearing out our livers
Drinking home-brewed mead.

Chorus:

____________________________

WOULDN'T  IT BE LOGICAL?
Lyrics: Anonymous
Music:" Wouldn't It Be Loverly?"

All I want is a ship somewhere
Far away from the purebred stare
Silence, research, warm air
Oh, wouldn't it be logical?

IDIC (1) species for me to meet
Keekar Yarok (2) for me to eat
Plomeek (3), salads, no meat
Oh, wouldn't it be logical?

Oh, so, logically working on the bridge with Captain Kirk
I would never say that he's
Occasionally a jerk.

Captain's braid there upon my sleeve
All the credits that I'd receive
Christine, pon farr, shore leave
Oh, wouldn't it be logical?    Logical,  loverly,  logical!

(1) Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
(2) cheese-spinach loaf in pastry
(3) veggie soup