[Sca-cooks] Re: [spca-wascaerfrig] Re: [Ansteorra] Gophers in the Garden

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 15:30:42 PDT 2002

--- marilyn traber <margali at 99main.com> wrote:
> Well, 3 feet of baby rattler is skinned out and
> gutted, in the
> freezer waiting for a recipe....
> margali
> --
> ~~~~~
> The Quote Starts Here:
> > Which reminds me- Margali killed a rattlesnake
> today. Wonder if we
> > have any recipes.....
 I've been scanning Google, and everything
I've found seems to be something like chili, where the
flavor of the meat would be over-powered by the rest
of the ingredients. Does anyone have a recipe which
would allow the delicate flavor itself to come
through? I'm thinking of a saute, perhaps, or
something using a light white wine, maybe some
shallots, but certainly not a heavy onion or garlic
flavor. Mushrooms won't go- Margali's violently
allergic... parsley, maybe? Mint, even? Dunno- what do
you guys think?

Phlip, who eats ANYTHING that happens to wander into
her larder.....

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,