[Sca-cooks] rattler recipe

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 16:02:43 PDT 2002

--- Maggie MacDonald <maggie5 at cox.net> wrote:
> How about a dredge in a mild seasoned flour, brown
> in butter/olive oil,
> then deglaze the pan with a mild white wine?  (A
> little parsley will
> definitely add a nice color note).
>
> That will let the meat itself come through, with a
> few flavoring side notes.
>
> Let us know how it works, my dad would be very
> interested in this project.

That sounds good, kinda what I was thinking about.
It's in the freezer at the moment, with the
well-salted hide. I was thinking of waiting until Rob
gets back from sea so he can try some too. There isn't
very much- maybe 1/2 lb? so I was thinking as an
appetizer kinda thing....

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,