[Sca-cooks] Marzipan, in general

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Sun May 5 03:21:46 PDT 2002

This is the second year that An Croisaire's MichaelMass event is being
combined with Castlemere's Scriptorum event. We had a great time last  year
and the feast went beautifully thanks to an amazing kitchen crew. There is a
lot of silliness going on right now about the dates. After the autocrat and I
agreed on the end of October, we have come to find out that the barony
submitted a date 5 weeks earlier to the kingdom and has put a deposit on a
camp I have never seen. Our autocrat can't make that weekend because of a
cruise that a group of the SCA folks down here are taking. It's been a comedy
of errors. Right now, we are waiting for the date to be resolved. We've
dubbed the event ScriptoMass. Tournies, classes in the scribal arts, good
food, etc.  This will be my 3rd year cooking it. The 1st year, I got to
introduce savory toasted cheese to my group. None of them had ever had it or
heard of it. As an Atlantian, I was astounded since its like the national
food of Atlantia. But now I don't think they will ever let me do an event
without "that cheese stuff"...  ::chuckle::

Once we get the final word on the date I will let you know.

Ilaria