[Sca-cooks] Changing subjects

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 5 16:17:07 PDT 2002

I haven't even seen Jacqui Wood's new book on Prehistoric Cooking, but it
sounds interesting.  Have you dropped a quick synopsis to the list yet?

My current ventures are in maize and potatoes.  I've a tentative deadline of
a column on maize for Serve It Forth! by Friday.  As for the potatoes, I got
tired of finding various references that this, that, and the other is a
"fact" and I'm chasing down primary sources and trying to determine the
logic for some of the things people believe.  I'm thinking about presenting,
"Batatas and Papas:  Potatoes and the SCA Feast" at Kings College in June,
since the site does not support cooking.

Bear