[Sca-cooks] impoverished college students

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun May 5 22:06:04 PDT 2002

At 12:50 AM 5/6/02 -0400, you wrote:
>'Lainie, the Paston letters are on line... Cool, no?

Yup. But William of Wykeham isn't ;-) And john of... oh shoot- I forgot.
And the section of the Lisle letters about University life isn't on-line
that I have found...

Maybe soon though- I am always amazed at what _is_ on-line!

>They don't talk as much about food as we might like, but they sure
>discuss clothing. Of course they  expected the kids to go have a pint -
>we expect kids to go to a movie. Same place in the social and
>entertainment life. Sometimes you just have to put the books down and
>get out of the house with your friends.

Yup. Of course we don't generally participate in mass student riots after
having a pint with our friends! (Unless we are in Berkeley or Eugene...;-)

'Lainie
-I never got into the riot game- I had to go home and cook dinner stuff...