[Sca-cooks] The garden that Ox built

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 17:25:00 PDT 2002

>>Magdalena said:
>---------------------
>Have you seen it since we started converting it to raised beds?  Other
>than the small patch by the house that gets converted to patio & pergola
>next spring, we have no back yard left.
>
>This picture is from last year...
>http://home.earthlink.net/~magdlena/garden.shtml
>
>So, what are all the big, white pipes that are sticking
>up in the garden for?
>
>Stefan li Rous

To stick the hose in.  A very worthwhile system of underground watering.
The PVC is drilled with lots of small holes and surrounded by blackcloth and
layed under the plot with the vent sticking up..then all you have to do is
stick in the hose at low pressure for a while and *whala!* you have good
even root moisture.  Such a conservative measure.  No run-off!  Good choice!
Olwen