[Sca-cooks] what did they do with dirty tableware?

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue May 7 20:30:04 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/7/2002 9:24:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
denterleather1 at earthlink.net writes:

> I think the sleeve as wiping area proceeded the napkin.
>
> ELric

Which might be the reason that men are shown with the napkin draped across
the arm.  Perhaps the ladies got tired of either trying to clean the constant
grease spots off of one arm of a nice outfit or facing having to give the
outfit away to the peasants because the stains wouldn't come out.  I can just
see those ladies sitting down to feast and saying "my lord husband, put this
cloth across your sleeve and wipe your mouth and utensils on it because I
don't want to have to try to clean that sleeve even one more time".  The fact
that she would have been casually holding her eating dagger at the same time
might have been some inducement.

Constance de la Rose