[Sca-cooks] MAY DAY! MAY DAY!

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Wed May 8 05:56:42 PDT 2002

In a message dated 05/08/2002 1:01:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip_u at yahoo.com writes:

> What's the recipe's name? Period? Locale? Would like
>  to try it, add it to my files...
>
>  Phlip

The citation is:

Viaunde of Cypres Ryalle
Cold Chicken Mincemeat

Take the braun of capounes or of hennes ysothe or rosted and bray it in a
morter small as myed bred, and take good almound melk lyed with amodyn or
with floure of rys & colour it with safroun and boyle it wel. & carge it with
rosted braun,and sesn with honey and salt, and florsche it with maces and
quibybes.
Two Fifteenth Century Cookery Books,1430-1450, England & France
Caellyn FitzHugh, Traveling Dysshes, pg 51
-----

Does anyone know if the cookbook is still available? I saw one as part of a
group of books on ebay, but the action got away from me and I never bid on it.

Ilaria