[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Wed May 8 10:44:35 PDT 2002

johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu writes:

> > (Actually, and I really do wonder this, why are more and more people
> > choosing to be anything but a European - and yet still want to play in the
> > SCA? ....that's what I joined the SCA for - to recreate
> > "European cultures from the fall of the Roman Empire through the 16th
> > century".)

Because not all minds think alike. I personally like Japanese culture and
switched over from Russian to Japanese. Plus Medieval Europe wouldn't be
Medieval Europe if it wasn't for the Mongols, the Chinese, the Muslims, the
Japanese (in small cases), and other cultures. Plus recreating JUST Medieval
Europe would be kinda boring (even though Europe was interesting back in the
Middle Ages).

Yamamoto no Ryojiro Michiyoshi
aka. Ryojiro
formerly known as Misha Grigor'ev