[Sca-cooks] (still OT) - "Oppressed Minority"

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 10:54:39 PDT 2002

on 5/8/02 10:22 AM, El Hermoso Dormido at ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
wrote:

> There seem to be an awful lot of Mac users here to be an "oppressed
> minority".
>
> Those of us on Linux (KMail is my friend), now, WE are a minority, though
> I don't consider myself "oppressed"...(and, of course, how long
> we will remain a minority is an interesting topic for flamewars these days...)
> :-)

    <Laugh>  Well, to be fair, I will point out that one of my Macs is
running Yellow Dog Linux and GNOME.   Or, as I call it, "Apple-Flavoured
Penguin".   (Hmm, there's a thought for a recipie.)    And one of my four
office workstations is running RedHat and KDE.

    There's a few Mac users in the Linux camp as well.   Even if OS X is
BSD-based....   :-)

> In regards to the Klez worm, last I read, there was a VIRUS that
> was making the rounds, that spread by infecting the Klez WORM.  Yup, one
> MS Outlook "virus" spreading by piggybacking on ANOTHER one.  Only
> on Outlook....

    Or, as I call it, "LookOUT!"   Yeah, Chernobyl piggy-backed on Klez, so
you now have a worm with a multiple virus payload.   Blegh.

    - Padraig o Connell

I doubt they would get a clue even if Blue and Steve themselves came in and
pummeled them mercilessly with a sledgehammer with Blue's pawprint stamped
on the business end.