[Sca-cooks] (still OT) - "Oppressed Minority"

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 8 15:44:59 PDT 2002

Also sprach El Hermoso Dormido:
>But I don't know about "text-based, command-line OS".  While I
>do frequently exploit the powerful command-line capabilities of my OS,
>my primary environment IS a modern GUI ( http://www.kde.org )...

Yup. I use KDE most of the time when using Linux. The advantage of
the pre-OS X Mac OS is that it is not a GUI, but the actual OS.

>I know MY OS is so powerful, it can handle more than one mouse button!
>( :-) My wife hates it when I say that...)

Why? Does she not use a two-button mouse with a Mac? I do.

>I'm also quite pleased with OpenOffice 1.0, which I recommend to Windows users
>who don't want to pay hefty license fees for (or pirate) "MS Office", as well
>as other Linux users... ( http://www.openoffice.org )

Haven't tried it. I've determined that StarOffice is better than
ABiOffice, but that's it.

>Signed,
>El Hermoso Dormido, who isn't REALLY a rabid penguinista, but sounds like
>it sometimes...

Me too. I much prefer Mac-onLinux with OS 9 to OS X. If I'm going to
be forced into using a UNIX variant, there are better ones than the
Darwin kernel.

Adamantius