[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 8 22:21:48 PDT 2002

At 11:19 PM 5/8/02 -0500, you wrote:
>--
>I haven't.  It just seems like we are limiting the SCA to Europe instead
of the world.  I think it would be fun to run across more different
cultures in the Society.  Aurore

Geez- maybe you should move to An Tir :-/

When I joined the SCA, 13 years ago, I was told that we were re-creating
the Middle Ages and Renaissance in Western Europe and those cultures with
direct contact. Anyone else was considered a visitor- a novelty. But what
do we call a land that is all visitors and no natives? (Besides Florida ;-)

I know a number of persons who have 'edge' personas, and they are
delightful additions. But I sure wish a few folks would put some thought
into playing in the Middle Ages. If not, what's the point?

And I do have a number of ideas for offbeat but still medieval European
personas, if anyone is interested...

frustrated, burnt-out, and I just made a major mistake on my sweetheart's
birthday gift that means I have to start over,

'Lainie