[Sca-cooks] canabalism

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 9 23:43:45 PDT 2002

Elric said:
> Actually I was speakingof the south seas areas,  as far as christians eating
> muslims or vice versa I seriourly doubt that occured, not that any thing was
> beyond either group as far as horrindeous acts. just they had fairly easy
> food available and unless its cultural thing very few of them would eat long
> pig. Now burning them alive or torture is much easier to document

Actually I think that case of the Crusaders eating the bodies of the
Moslems is well documented. It was also during a time of starvation.
Niether side in the Crusades was adverse to using starvation techniques
on their enemy when it suited their purpose. In general though, I
think the Moslems come off as the more civilized in that conflict.

My easiest to get to notes on the cannabalism are at work. Let me
see if I can find some specific details.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net