[Sca-cooks] aside to Rosine

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri May 10 09:55:29 PDT 2002

What you guys need is camp cooking tips from out west here, where ground
fires are outlawed pretty much all the time.  Either we cook in the campfire
rings or use fire that's up on legs, such as Flieg's firepit
<http://midtown.net/dragonwing/col9905.htm>  You still want to clear any
grass growing under or around it, but it passes the stringent fire rules in
Southern California parks in the summertime.  I've managed to avoid having to
bring out the Weber so far, but I have a kewl demi-drum on rebar legs for my
grilling and cauldroning use.

Maggie, Huette, anything to add?  [Huette will be offline 'til next week,
last I heard... she's cooking the Royal Lunch for Altavia Anniversary
to-morrow.]

Selene, Caid