[Sca-cooks] Odd Personas

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri May 10 21:49:59 PDT 2002

At 11:54 PM 5/10/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Hussites were actually more geographically localized (to Bohemia &
>Hungary) than, say, Cathars.
>
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Oh? Hmm. What then is your definition of Cathari? Also known as
Albigensians, they were primarily located in southern France, centered
around Toulouse, Montsegeur, Caracssone, Albi. There were also a few in the
Alpine area of Italy.

There are related groups, but not there groups of 'Cathars' as I know tham.
The Bogomils (which may or may not have spawned the Cathars) are Bulgarian.
And there are of course scattered Arian heretics here and there. IIRC, the
Bogomils are not so militantly vegetarian (Obligatory Food Content).

'Lainie, wishing I had my books...