[Sca-cooks] Stewing a turkey

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat May 11 14:41:24 PDT 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>It's not?
>Phillipa (who;d like to *believe* that kosher is better but knows on some
>levels it;s not)
>
>>  and if you're using Kosher
>>  turkey, it can be a little tougher still, not being pumped full of
>  > all those loverly chemicals.

I'm actually not sure. It was my understanding and experience that
Kosher turkey tends to be a little dryer than its non-Kosher
counterpart; I had assumed that the reason was that it was because of
some different treatment either in raising or processing. Could it be
Kashered (i.e. salted) in the plant? That might do it... but I had
always assumed they were a little closer to free-range, although I
really had no evidence for it.

Adamantius