[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP A change of venue for me...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat May 11 20:39:19 PDT 2002

At 08:28 PM 5/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>> At 03:22 PM 5/10/02 -0500, Gorgeous wrote:
>> >Two hours ago I was offered, and I accepted, a position as Executive
>> >Director of a Center for Independent Living
>>
>> Ooh! Ooh! Can I be next? Pleeze?
>>
>> 'Lainie Still-Lookin'
>
>Hmmm. Isn't that what they throw those bouquets of flowers for? Have
>you caught a bouguet recently? :-)
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous

Ow. Just hit a sore spot, Stefan. I was a a good friend's wedding this
afternoon. I was going for it, but it hit the ceiling and then the floor-
right in front of the flowergirl. I wasn't about to mash a flowergirl to
get it. Last wedding I was at, I collided in midair with another woman, we
each got ahold of the bouquet, and it exploded, bits of flowers and leaves
everywhere. I think I ended up with one rosebud. An ex-boyfriend remarked
that one flower should at least get me a date- and if it hadn't been for
that I didn't want to upset the bride, there would have been a killing
there...

At any rate, I don't think it works for jobs.

I have to say though- not much more painful for a divorced woman than to
watch someone else get married.

'Lainie