[Sca-cooks] Period Hollandaise?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 11 23:32:02 PDT 2002

Phlip replied to me with:
> --- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> > Are you thinking of gravy as one of those? If so,
> > see this file
>
> No, it wasn't a gravy...

Uh, that was directed at the original poster who mentioned
two emulsified period sauces. I know your sauce wasn't
a gravy.

> > For recipes for the various organ meats mentioned,
> > and more, see
> > this file:
> > organ-meats-msg   (72K)  2/11/02    Period cooking
> > of organ meats.
> >
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/organ-meats-msg.html
>
> Wasn't in there, although looking back through some of
> those files was like Olde Home Week, or something ;-)

Nope, the lamb testicles recipe is not in there. I've never been
sent it, nor have I seen it on this list or another where I
can get a copy. What doesn't appear on a list, or which I
don't see, probably won't get into the Florilegium.

> Wasn't an exotic meat recipe- I'm surprised you don't
> have it in there Stefan- or maybe you do, and we just
> haven't looked in the right spot.

Nope. I just thought the original poster, or others on this
list, might be interested in that file. And since it was
similar to the organ-meats-msg file in that he recipes are
not ones usually thought of, I thought I'd mention it.

> It was extremely rich, and I was very grateful to the
> person who had brought the plain flat bread she'd
> made....

Yes, it was. But it appears that most of the organ meat foods tend
to be rather rich.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net