[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Ideas

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue May 14 12:20:52 PDT 2002

When I did the Elizabethan feasts I have done, I used "Dining with William
Shakespeare" (Madge Lorwin), the Tudor section out of "A Taste of History"
(the part Peter Brears wrote) and "Fooles and Fricassees:  Food in
Shakespeare's England" (published by the Folger as the catalog for an
exhibit of the same name).  You could also refer to a number of other
sources, including Digby.  I liked the Lorwin book as her sources include
most of the other books that I had...and she includes the original recipes
as well as redactions.

Kiri